Re: emacs floating point error during dump?

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: emacs floating point error during dump?
Date: 11 Jul 2003 16:27:23 -0400

> * In message <address@hidden>
> * On the subject of "Re: emacs floating point error during dump?"
> * Sent on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:55:37 -0400
> * Honorable Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > The reason I omitted dependencies on lisp.h was that that file
>     > changes quite often, but most changes in it don't require
>     > recompiling all of Emacs.
>
>     This is The Wrong Thing to do.
>     Correctness first, performance later.
>
> It is silly to be rigid about it.

it is unthinkable to be lax about it.

those who sacrifice freedom for security will lose both.

those who sacrifice correctness for performance, will lose both:

you already wasted more of your time on this discussion than you (or,
rather, _your computer_!) would have spent on un-necessary
recompilations; so your approach is a total loss.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Of course, I haven't tried it. But it will work.    - Isaak Asimov