Re: RMAIL: decoding messages read via movemail

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL: decoding messages read via movemail
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:59:25 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:00:02 -0400
>
> It sounds good to me, assuming one possible problem case is not really
> a problem.  The case is, what if you use the g command to get mail
> from one Rmail file (really written by Rmail) into another?  Will it
> do the right thing?  Will charset= headers that exist in that case be
> correct, or not?  (I don't know, I didn't write that code in Rmail.)

I think the code handles this case separately, because there's a
special header Emacs writes in such files.  But I will check (I use
those files myself, so it's important to me they work).

> The other point worth mentioning in this connection is that PMR has
> made a branch which has a modified version or Rmail which uses Mail
> format and no longer uses Babyl format.

Is movemail modified as well on that branch?

> Would you like to look at these issues for that branch?

I will look.  Is there any estimate when that branch will be merged
with the trunk?