Re: (no subject)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: 14 Aug 2003 08:35:06 -0400

<address@hidden> writes:

   Of what use is it to users (as opposed to the developers)?

users opposing programmers is opposite of emacs' (and one could say
fsf's) appeal.  IME people who can't see it this way tend to make life
more difficult for those who can.

   Also, what if target-file is a symlink? In my opinion, this feature
   only confuses matters.

luckily, although matters may be confusing, in the end it is each person
who is or is not confused, individually.  i wouldn't wish my confusion
on anyone; i worked hard to acquire it!

thi