Re: desktop

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: desktop
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:59:56 -0400

    >    @example
    >    (desktop-load-default)
    >    (desktop-read)
    >    (setq desktop-enable t)
    >    @end example
    >
    >Are you saying that the second option is a mistake?

    Yes. The desktop module adds an anonymous function to the
    after-init-hook, this function calls desktop-read.

What should that text say?

    desktop-remove is, according to the docstring, supposed to "Delete the
    Desktop file and inactivate the desktop system". If we introduce
    desktop-save as a minor mode, disabling is should be done by the mode
    function. Furthermore desktop-remove only removes the desktop file in
    desktop-dirname, not desktop files in other directories. I think it
    would be better not to delete any desktop file at all.

Let's keep desktop-remove for compatibility.