Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:21:38 -0400

    >>> * international/mule-cmds.el
    >>>   (standard-display-european-internal): ... Set
    >>>   display table to use U+2018, U+2019 for `'.

    This seems like an individual preference.  It should be left as a user
    customization, not the default behaviour.  Users expect to get ASCII
    characters when they type ASCII I think.

This code affects only how these characters display; it does not
change what you "get" in the buffer when you type ASCII characters.