Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]
Date: 26 Sep 2003 10:40:57 +0900

James Clark <address@hidden> writes:
> It seems to me that the right solution is by default to map 0x60/0x27
> to the Unicode quotation marks only in buffers displaying
> documentation (help and info); users should also be able to enable
> this mapping on a per-buffer basis and globally.

That seems like a better solution to me.  There could be a
`display-matching-single-quotes' function that various modes could call
to make sure things were setup appropriately for natural-language text
(and it could even be made to work on other platforms if desirable).

I'm still confused by the connection with `standard-display-european'
though...

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."