Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:24:27 -0400

    >     Only one of the four I did not try out myself, but Bob tried it and
    >     found that it had no effect whatsoever.  things do not seem easy,
    >     however.
    >
    > That's a bug.

    Yes, but where?

That depends on details I don't know.

    Maybe we should go the "official" GTK way and tell people to use themes for
    cuatomizations?

I don't think so.  Emacs customization mechanisms ought to work if
they can.

    >     Those are four colors to customize.  If we want full customizability
    >     through Custom, we would have to allow the user to specify four
    >     colors.
    >
    > Maybe we want two or three faces to specify all these colors.

    What sould those faces mean in other toolkits?

Nothing, I guess.  That is ok.

                                                    This still will not change
the
    fact that pixmap based themes may not use these colours.

Yes, but I don't see that as a problem.