C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:10:04 +0100

James H.Cloos Jr. <address@hidden> writes:

> It does overlay C-z, so you have to remember to use C-x C-z instead
> for (suspend-emacs) or (iconify-or-deiconify-frame) as applicable.

Reminds me...  I'd like to see C-z de-assigned from
iconify-or-deiconify-frame.  It happens to me much to often that I
press this key combo by accident without the possibility to 'undo' (C-g)
this action.  I'm forced to use features of the windowmanager to
deiconify Emacs.  This isn't userfriendly.

People are used to make use of the windowmanager to iconify a frame;
thus there is no pressing need to assign C-z to
iconify-or-deiconify-frame, since it usually does more harm than good.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)