Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:42:51 -0500

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 09:41:39PM +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> 2. write an XSLT processor in Emacs Lisp. This wouldn't be as
>    difficult as it sounds and I'm not sure it isn't done already (by
>    one of the various XML/Emacs projects going on).

The main question in my mind is whether this would be fast enough -- the
current info mechanism, though it has its problems, can display info pages
very quickly.  As a point of contrast, W3 is _very_ slow (I think it would be
completely unsuitable for use in displaying info files).

-Miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein