Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:22:17 -0500

    I think that's true as well. I'm considering some work to make
    libxml2 (which provides xsltproc) available as part of Emacs. This
    would make using it very simple indeed.

As I see it, this is a major disadvantage of the plan.  I don't want
to make Emacs link with another library just for this.

    I'm unsure about Lynx but for Emacs/W3 I'm sure we could add a hack
    so that we could use Elisp as an in-page language.

Perhaps each instruction could be provided both in Javascript and in
Emacs Lisp; then each program to display the file could use whichever
one is easier.

Or if the Javascript that you need is very limited and stereotyped,
a simple Lisp program could recognize the standard Javascript programs
with regexps, and handle each case appropriately.