Re: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?
Date: 05 Dec 2003 08:06:23 -0500

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

   Specifically in the context of Emacs, I do not know the internals
   well enough to judge that.  I hope I can help with the work in any
   way I can, no matter what the eventual "multithreading or not"
   decision is.

the decision is made by whoever does the work, so if you decide to do
it, you need to research the internals (such as by participating in this
thread :-).  so far so good.  it seems to me you are on the right track
even if you don't know how far it is to the station...

personally, i would like to see a "multi-threaded emacs" page on the
emacs wiki where thoughts and links to thoughts can accumulate [surf
surf] wow -- even as i ponder this, there is already such a page!  so,
it is now up to you to practice your organizational skills.  the
question is not "why should it be done?" but "who will do it?"

thi