Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Files in wrong subdirs of emacs/lisp?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:20:24 -0500

    But I think s-region.el should be moved.  It provides functionality
    similar to pc-selection-mode and cua-mode which are both in emulation.
    It seems inconsistent not to have them all in the same directory.

Is s-region an emulation of something?  If so, what?

    >     Into net:
    >       terminal.el
    >
    > terminal.el has nothing in particular to do with the net.
    > It just emulates a terminal.

    I was using a broader interpretation of 'net' as in 'communication'.
    A terminal emulator would fit that category.

I don't think so.  It is a way to run other programs under Emacs,
analogous to M-x shell.