Re: automatic anchors for definition commands.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: automatic anchors for definition commands.
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:34:09 -0500

Like Eli, I'm not entirely sure what I think of the proposal.  I
recognize the annoyance factor in adding anchors.

On the one hand, the @def commands already generate automatic index
entries, so it doesn't seem too unreasonable to generate automatic
anchors as well.

Your initial thought of "defcmd of identifier" for the naming convention
doesn't seem too bad to me.  At least, I can't immediately think of
anything I like better.

On the other hand, are those long lists of xref's with no explanation
really all that useful?  I'm not sure.  And as Eli says, sometimes
reading from the beginning of the node is better.

Hmm.