Re: address@hidden: Re: compose key on SUN keyboard creates 2 characters

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: compose key on SUN keyboard creates 2 characters (and beeps)]
Date: 14 Jan 2004 11:46:16 +0100

    Jan> But is there a reason why XIM is not enabled for you?
    >>
    >> I have no idea. I only know that XIM exists. I just checked config.h
    >> and there's HAVE_XIM and USE_XIM both set to 1. So in theory it should
    >> be there.  What should I check?
    Jan>
    Jan> Check if you have HAVE_X_I18N and HAVE_X11R6_XIM defined.  The best
    Jan> way is to step in xterm.c in the debugger and see why XmbLookupString
    Jan> is not called.  It may be some problem with creating the XIC or the
    Jan> XIM.

sol2.h defines INHIBIT_X11R6_XIM:

--- snip ---
/* address@hidden says Solaris has a bug related to X11R6-style
   XIM support.  */

#define INHIBIT_X11R6_XIM
--- snip ---

Thus HAVE_XIM is defined, but HAVE_X11R6_XIM not (see config.h)

just for fun I removed the define for INHIBIT_X11R6_XIM line, but then emacs
crashed in XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback in xim_initialize.

So coming back to the original patch I suggested, maybe we should add it,
but enclosed with e.g. "#ifndef HAVE_X11R6_XIM".

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good
thing to do and always a clever thing to say.  -- Will Durant