Re: Improving the gtk2 port

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Improving the gtk2 port
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:51:58 -0500

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 04:52:25PM -0500, Pierre Chanial wrote:
> - the text cursor should be like a |, not an filled rectangle. Its
> default color should be black and not pink.

No, the default cursor should _not_ be a |, that's not visible enough for
serious text editing.  Remember, emacs depends a lot more on the cursor
position than typical mousey editors.

[Speaking of Mozilla, actually, I often find its edit boxes a miserable
experience because of exactly that issue: the thin little bar-cursor is hard
to find after a keyboard operation that didn't have exactly the result I
expected.]

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)