Re: Emacs Explorer?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs Explorer?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:52:39 +0200

    (2) implemented in other text editors works like this:
Mark some text with the mouse. Click on the selected text and drag it.

How can we make that fit into Emacs?  It is inconsistent with the usual
Emacs conventions for mouse clicks.

Exactly what is inconsistent? That mouse down does not clear the selected part or that it doesn't set mark, or something else? Note that it is only when clicking on some selected text and dragging that the behaviour differs.
If clicking outside selected text, or not dragging, we can keep the old
behaviour.

Alternativly one can use mouse-2 down and drag for dragging text, but I
find this inconvinient and it doesn't follow the conventions of other
applications like GNOME.

        Jan D.