RE: Emacs Explorer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs Explorer?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:16:55 -0700

I *hope* I can turn it off.

I understand that some folks like dragging text around within a buffer, but
I wonder how much their use of that "feature" is just habit from using
systems that don't have the mouse functions provided by Emacs.

Those of you who use Emacs and also drag text: What is the advantage? Since
the region is automatically copied to the kill-buffer, and an MB3 click
kills it, and an MB2 click pastes it elsewhere, how could dragging be easier
(than MB1332 or MB1drag32)?  I don't get it.

Again, nothing against your adding it for those who like it - 'long as I can
turn it off.

  - Drew