Re: ChangeLog computation with savannah: "cvs server: nothing known abou

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: ChangeLog computation with savannah: "cvs server: nothing known about ymakefile"
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:25:40 +0200

Steven Tamm <address@hidden> writes:

> Doing it "by hand" was doing C-x 4 a, which means I need to go to each
> functional difference and modify the changelog individually.

But don't you have to do that anyway?

I usually hit `=' on the subdir that has changed, then I iterate over
the diff hunks, hit C-x 4 a on each of them to enter my information.
If multiple places are affected by the same change, then this is a
somewhat tedious procedure, though, since you have to navigate to all
of the spots, do C-x 4 a on each of them, and then enter the ChangeLog
info after you have found them all.  There doesn't seem to be a way of
removing the hunks that you have already processed from the diff
buffer.  If there was, then the cvs diff buffer would be a convenient
todo list for the ChangeLog entries, and after hitting C-x 4 a on a
hunk and thereby working on it, you can remove the hunk and thus mark
it as done.

But even if you edit the commit messages, you still have to provide
the same information.  So I don't see how the work would be less.

Kai