Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 10:09:06 +0200

On 04 May 2004 09:14:26 +0200
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> So if we skip this bugfix release, let us also skip the number.

I fully agree...

> reserving 21.4 for a
> possible bug fix release in case something horrible turns up that
> needs immediate fixing during that time might not do harm.

...but this doesn't seem very sensible. Getting out a 21.5 and
*afterwards* a bug-fix 21.4 would be confusing, to say the least. If
we're afraid it can really happen, we would be best served by bumping up
21.5 to 22.0 so 21.X, X > 3 can be presented as "new releases of the
stable 21.1 series".

But in fact I think that if something horrible happens after 21.5, the
thing to do would be to fix it as quickly as posible, and meanwhile
recommend users to stand with the stable 21.3.

                                                                Juanma