Re: next-error refactoring

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: next-error refactoring
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 21:14:42 +0300

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
> Is it time to make next-error a minor mode with its own next-error.el
> file?  It seems like a useful thing, instead of manually hooking it
> into all the user modes.  The minor mode could provide hooks that
> would replace the current code; this would also facilitate adoption
> by other modes.

Yes, making it a minor mode with its own file would be a very useful thing!

However, I think the name `next-error' is not right anymore when
applied to non-`compile' modes like `grep', `diff', `occur', and
possible future modes.

Its name should clearly constitute its essence which is to visit the
locations described in one buffer sequentially or in a user-defined
order in other buffers.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/