Re: find-tag-default

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: find-tag-default
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 15:41:12 -0400

    It only picks up a thing (symbol, list, number, whatever) far from point if
    there is none closer. That is, it just picks the closest one. If there is a
    lot of blank space, for instance, this will ignore that.

What I'm saying is that ignoring too much whitespace would give
a confusing result--it would be a mistake.

    If the only
    appropriate thing is pretty far away, it is still probably appropriate to
    return it. The notion of "nearby" is relative, in any case:

I disagree with both of those points.  10 lines away is not nearby.