Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:59:14 +0300

Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> writes:
> Miles Bader wrote:
>  > On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:15:00AM +0300, Juri Linkov wrote:
>  >>There should be a better solution like already proposed M-% M-% with
>  >>the second M-% typed in the minibuffer.
>  >
>  > That's a really kludgey hack too.  Minibuffer input is _not like_ isearch
>  > input...
>
> Indeed, since I've set enable-recursive-minibuffers I want to be able to
> run M-% on the contents of the minibuffer (yanked, or inserted via M-p).

As I understand, the proposal for M-% M-% was with the intention
that the second M-% would repeat the last replacement only when typed
in the empty minibuffer.  So you still could use M-% to replace strings
in the minibuffer if the input string is not empty (yanked or inserted).
Anyway, this seems irrelevant now with the M-% RET solution.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/