Re: Checkout of Emacs CVS through firewall

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Checkout of Emacs CVS through firewall
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:08:18 +0900

> Does anyone know how to do an anonymous checkout of Emacs from Savannah
> when you're below a fascistic firewall (I mean, port 80 and 443 and no
> much else...)

That's how my work is...

subversions.gnu.org used to run a CVS pserver on port 443, but I assume
that disappeared with pserver generally.

Some other possibilities:

 * If you've got `tla' handy (there's a debian package for it in
   testing/unstable), you can use my arch branch of emacs, which is
   available via http:

      http://sourcecontrol.net/~miles/address@hidden

 * There's a port-443 ssh server running on fp-ssh.gnu.org; you could
   could transfer the source tree in two steps (ssh to fencepost,
   checkout emacs there, make tarball, sftp it back to your fascist
   system), or even do something fancy and set up some sort of tunnel.

-Miles
--
=====
(^o^;