Re: Gnus update

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Gnus update
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:08:15 -0400

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> Also, the latest 5.10 version is fairly broken for me and isn't
> maintained as far as I can tell.  I haven't had time/enthusiasm to
> debug the things which bit me as I don't understand a lot of the code
> these days.

Have you posted about these problems on the Gnus mailing list?  What
do you mean by "isn't maintained"?

> In fact, I'm not sure I understand actually how to use the most
> significant new features like the spam-processing and the PGP
> support.  I think the documentation and customization support for it
> isn't good enough.

I'll assume you refer to spam processing with "it" above.

I am currently the maintainer of that code, and welcome discussion on
this topic in the Gnus mailing list.  I've had help from many sources
to improve the documentation and the work continues.

Could you please point out specific problems or propose an alternate
documentation layout or customization system, because I just don't
know what "good enough" means?  As far as I know, nothing as complex
and powerful as the Gnus spam processing exists for other MUAs, which
may be part of the problem.

Thanks
Ted