Re: process output has become a bit random...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: process output has become a bit random...
Date: 29 Jul 2004 14:49:33 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2004-07-29) writes:
>
> > Use circ.tex as delivered.  That typically gives 1-2 problems pretty
> > often.  The problem depends on the size of the file.  Using really
> > large documents with hundreds of images is pretty certain to trigger
> > it.
>
> Then I get something like this in the output buffer:
>
> [...]
> Preview-LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Thu Jul 29 14:41:04
> Running `Preview-DviPNG' with ``dvipng circ.dvi -o
> circ.prv/tmp11392cK/prev%03d.png --bd 1 -D87 ''
> Parser: End of Preview snippet 8 unexpected
> Parser: Preview snippet 17 out of sequence
> Parser: End of Preview snippet 27 unexpected
> Parser: End of Preview snippet 31 unexpected
> Parser: End of Preview snippet 48 unexpected
> Parser: Preview snippet 57 out of sequence
> Parser: Preview snippet 68 out of sequence
> Parser: Preview snippet 79 out of sequence
> Parser: Preview snippet 97 out of sequence
> Parser: Preview snippet 100 out of sequence
> [...]
> Preview-DviPNG finished at Thu Jul 29 14:41:07
> DviPNG sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

Yes, that's it.  Even though the very last line would appear to be a
preview-latex internal bug.  If you take a look at the run buffer (C-c
C-l) and search for, say, "Snippet 8", you will find that some
passages around the matches are replicated.

It is probably some change in process.c or coding.c in the last month
or so.  If you use gcc-3.3.4, at least it does not seem to be
gcc-3.4-related like I feared at first.