Re: Where to put images for lisp packages?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Where to put images for lisp packages?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:28:23 +0900

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> If they're to go in etc/, it would be nice if they went in to a
>> sub-hierarchy that strictly mirrored the correspodning lisp dirs, to
>> make them easier to find (for a hacker, not for the code :-).
>
> "strictly" would require minor changes in `smilies.el': Look in
> etc/gnus instead of etc/smilies.

What about moving the standalone Gnus to do the same thing?

I'd actually go farther and put _all_ images in something like
`etc/images/' (with further subdirs like `etc/images/gnus/' etc).
In the past I've always found finding image files for a package, or
alternatively, finding which package uses a particular image file, very
annoying because of the current randomness.

> Do you see these test smilies as images (when
> `gnus-treat-display-smileys' is non-nil)?

Hmmm, indeed I don't...

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research