Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:36:26 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> I more and more agree with Oliver that we should have two Enriched
> modes.  The minor mode Enriched mode would be a true minor mode.  It
> would essentially only set ` buffer-file-format' and maybe do some
> additional minor stuff.  The major mode would replace the current
> "major mode in a minor mode".

Following the discussions on this thread, I agree with this.

The question is: how old are these problems with enriched-mode ?

If they were also in 21.1, I think we should just install Luc's patch
for 21.4 (as an interrim improvement), and plan a proper fix (separate
major and minor modes) for 22.1.

WDYT?