Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:49:03 -0400

    I don't really want to add any message there -- if we leave the feature
    disabled by default, the users who turn it on doesn't need to be told
    how to get the alternative behaviour.

What's the point of adding it if it will be disabled by default?
Only for people with two-button mice?  These are not common with
GNU/Linux are they?

I thought the whole point was that beginning users would not know
about Mouse-2 and find Emacs harder to use as a result.  The only
way the feature can address this is if it is on by default.
We're looking for ways to make the default Emacs behavior better;
any options are a secondary matter.