Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:20:47 -0500

>> 2 - custom-set-variables does internally:
>> (push load-file-name custom-files)
> Could load-file-name be exchanged with (buffer-file-name) if the user is
> doing an interactive eval-buffer?

The sky is the limit.  Seriously, tho, I don't think we should.
If the user evaluates a custom-set-variables via M-C-x or somesuch, I can't
think of a reason why we should care.

We only really care about "THE" custom-set-variables, i.e. the one
managed by custom (i.e. the one that's automatically rewritten upon save).
This one should be in one of the files loaded at startup, not in some buffer
where the user does M-C-x.

        Stefan