Re: Pretest/Release?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Pretest/Release?
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:44:02 +0100

Dhruva <address@hidden> writes:

>  Is there a pretest/release round the corner.

Not really.  We are working on it, but there still remains quite a bit
to be done.  I'd think that it would take still several months.

> I have joined a new company and they use XEmacs (and they have an
> outdated version). I plan to install the latest GNU Emacs and they
> are more than willing to start using it. I just want to use some
> official version and not from the CVS HEAD. Hence, the eagerness and
> the impatience.

Well, if you occupy your impatience by proofreading parts of the
manual (or doing other tasks mentioned in the admin/FOR-RELEASE file),
the time might become shorter.