Re: Frame background mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Frame background mode
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:53:19 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:36:20 -0800
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>     The new formula will certainly change some backgrounds from dark
>     to light and vice versa, which will potentially annoy some users
>     whose color customizations will need to be reworked.
>
> That argument seems independent of _when_ such a change might be made; it
> does not argue for not making the change _now_.

Yes, it does: changing color defaults tends to prompt a long series of
patches, critique to those patches, discussions, counter-patches, etc.
That is a wrong way to get closer to the pretest.

> I think Juri is on the right track with this change.

I didn't say he wasn't, I just said that it should be postponed.  It's
not a critical issue, so it could wait, IMHO.