Re: dashes and non-breaking spaces

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: dashes and non-breaking spaces
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:07:29 +0900

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:58:46 -0500, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Agreed for escape sequences in the 0-31 and 128-255 regions.
> But not for the "\ " and "\-" which seems to be often used in email
> that is properly labelled (at least the ones written in French).
>
> I.e. agreed for the ones for which there is no accepted "normal" way to
> display them, but not for the ones for which there is a well-defined way
> they *should* be displayed.

Sure -- but I thought the plan was to have a variable or use
display-table tweaks to simply display those characters as normal " "
and "-" in such contexts.  I.e. when they're displayed as "escape
characters", there's no reason to treat them differently from other
escapes.

-Miles