Re: backup method

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: backup method
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:12:45 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous reply:

   You do not want to have the process start to append to the backup
   file.

   I guess that it would be sufficient to set
   `backup-by-copying-when-mismatch' to t to avoid the problem.

Actually, I tried that and it did not help.  I am the owner of the
files that my processes write to, so `backup-by-copying-when-mismatch'
has no effect, because there is no "mismatch".  So I really need to
set backup-by-copying itself to t to be able to use Emacs for my work.

Sincerely,

Luc.