Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-lineautolearn=noversion=3.0.2

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-lineautolearn=noversion=3.0.2 autolearn=no version=3.0.2
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:05:36 +0100

On Sat, Mar 05 2005, Luc Teirlinck wrote:

> Miles Bader wrote:
>
>    Also it looks like `goto-line' will get a convenient key-binding (M-o)...
>
> In that case, it might confuse the user that this binding will be
> shadowed in gnus (gnus-server-open-all-servers), [...]

I don't think that anyone needs a key binding for `goto-line' in Gnus'
server buffer (which is usually just a few lines).

Apart from this specific example, my understanding is that it is
normal for major (and minor) modes to override global key bindings
(info "(emacs)Local Keymaps").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,