Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-lineautolearn=noversion=3.0.2

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-lineautolearn=noversion=3.0.2 autolearn=no version=3.0.2
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:32:15 +0900

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:00:51 -0800, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
> Your suggestion to pick up the line number at bol might be acceptable to
> RMS, however. I think that the main pb he had with the "nearest" stuff was
> that its scope was not sufficiently constrained. That is not a pb with bol.

I suggested it use the first number on the current line, even if it is
not at the beginning of the line.  Because it only searches one line
(in a very predictable way), the result is used only as a default, and
it happens to fit a very common usage scenario, I think this is an
acceptable and useful heuristic.  YMMV.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.