Re: When is hourglass shown?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: When is hourglass shown?
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:18:48 +0100

This does not always work, as in the case of M-x indent-region versus
C-M-\.  Both starts the hourglass timer, but the first stops it
directly afterwards.

Actually, I think it did work very well: it shows you that the
hourglass was armed, i.e. that Emacs _meant_ for it to appear if the
operation took enough time.  If you want to know why it didn't
actually happen, an additional breakpoint where the timer is disabled
would have shown you the code which did that.

I know exactly where now :-). Not sure what to do about though. Also, starting and cancelling hourglass is done frequently, so running with those breakpoints enabled makes for a lot of continue in gdb. Not impossible though.

        Jan D.