Re: Antialiased text on X11

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Antialiased text on X11
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:29:16 +0100

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

>> Just one issue that might come up later. I would be grateful if you'd
>> also think about ways to customize AA per font and/or face along the
>> way; provided that this is feasible at all.
>
> AFAIK this can be controlled globally (for all Xft apps) with the config
> file (whose name escapes me just now, fonts.conf or somesuch).

Ah, that could solve the issue with the aforementioned m17n fonts.
Still, if it is feasible, I'd prefer a face attribute like
:anti-aliased or somesuch. It allows for greater flexibility when
customizing the appearance of Emacs. Another issue is that the
headache argument applies only to large chunks of body text. It would
be nice to have e.g. the Info header faces anti-aliased, but not the
body text.

    Oliver
--
Oliver Scholz               2 Germinal an 213 de la Révolution
Ostendstr. 61               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!