Re: Advanced calendar usage in emacs-xtra.texi

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Advanced calendar usage in emacs-xtra.texi
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:32:31 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   One fundamental difference between emacs-xtra and url is that the
   former holds material that was deliberately excluded from the Emacs
   manual.  OTOH, url is the documentation of a package.

I do not know what the exact relevance of "deliberately excluded from
the Emacs" is.  What it definitely does _not_ mean is that it is
unimportant.  Due to the fact that we have to keep the size of the
physical Emacs manual down, we can unfortunately not include all
important info in the Emacs manual.  Things included in emacs-xtra
could very easily be of more interest to most people than, say, url,
which many people may never use.

Sincerely,

Luc.