Re: bootstrap from scratch

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bootstrap from scratch
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:33:18 +0100

"Robert J. Chassell" wrote:

> The bad news is that the bootstrap failed once.
>
> One bug appeared when I used this command:
>
>      (progn
>        (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/")
>        (compile
>         "./configure --with-type1 \
>          --with-x-toolkit=gtk \
>          --prefix=/usr/local --with-sound=yes \
>          && time make bootstrap"))
>
> During the build, compilation halted and I was asked to
>
>              "Enter longitude (decimal fraction; + east, - west): "
>
> which is a prompt from     emacs/lisp/calendar/solar.el

There have been no non-trivial changes to solar.el in over a year, so
this was a bit surprising.

I repeated your experiment. My bootstrap failed because the current
version of org.el has an extra parenthesis. Fixing that, and doing
everything from scratch, it all worked fine. org.el has references to
some of the calendar functions, including those for sunrise etc.
org.el has been changed a lot (comparatively) recently.

Conclusion: let's assume some transient weirdness (in org.el, or
someplace else). :)
No need to consider changing the default calendar lat/long any more.