Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:48:40 +0200

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  >     I have had this problem before, with an old monitor. It can
>  >     also be solved by turning up the brightness or buying a new
>  >     monitor.
>  >
>  > I have to turn the brightness down to make the battery last.
>
> I'm probably missing the point, but the eye is not very sensitive to
> red (or blue) wavelengths. ISTR the maximum sensitivity of the eye
> (photopic response) is at about 550nm i.e green. So your battery
> might last longer if you use a color for comments that is close to
> this (assuming the emitters for red, green and blue are equally
> efficient).

It is the backlight that is consuming the bulk of the power, not the
color cells.  So if you are worried about battery power, you should be
using only black and white and turn the backlight down as much as
possible with this setting.  I have my doubts that this will save
inordinate amounts of powers, though.