Re: Incompatible change without warning

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without warning
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:20:15 +0200

> The entry in subr.el suggested it was obsoleted in Emacs 19.32:
>
> > (make-obsolete 'unfocus-frame "it does nothing." "19.32")
>
> However, looking through the ChangeLogs, it looks like you are right.

I think these old functions where obsoleted a long time ago; but the
byte-compiler warnings and describe-function help machinery to show
them as obsolete is much more recent. So yeah, probably there wasn't a
byte-compiler warning on 21.1 saying `unfocus-frame' was obsolete; but
the function *was* obsolete anyway and suitable replacements had been
introduced (and, I  presume, documented).

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u