Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:47:34 -0400

David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have nothing to add to
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-12/msg00364.html
>> except that it's happening for me, too.
>>
>> Ideas, anyone?
>
> I would be very glad to help fix this one if someone could give me a
> few hints about where to set breakpoints, etc.

Actually, by chance, I just figured out what the problem is when I
introduced an error into my .emacs: I am hiding the toolbar, and the
amount of window shrinkage is exactly equal to the height of the
toolbar.

I used to have

(custom-set-variables
 '(toolbar-visible-p nil)
 )

and when I added

 '(tool-bar-originally-present nil)

to the customizations, the crazy window shrinkage disappeared.  This
ought to be enough to tell somebody how to fix the actual problem.

HTH,
--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting