Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:08:33 -0400

    But, whatever the reason, it is a *fact* that there's
    so many people who will do the footwork, no more and no less. Three
    years of freeze didn't increase the number significantly.

We have not had "three years of freeze".  It has been less than one
year--and we are a lot closer to a release now than we were a year
ago.  The manuals are close to being ready.  But we need someone
to fix the unexec problems.

I do not want to do releases more often by lowering the quality
or having outdated manuals.