Re: What holds the release

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What holds the release
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:50:27 -0400

    So we should simply never add thje :require directive and we just need to
    make sure that the :setter info (custom-set-minor-mode) is included in
    loaddefs.el for the autoloaded vars so that enabling/disabling will go
    through the minor mode function and trigger the autoloading.

If that solves the problem, that is really good.  This is a lot easier
than what I thought would be necessary.  Would you please install it?
And thanks.

    >> Avoid unbreakable loops in redisplay.
    > This is an "it would be nice" feature, not a show-stopper.  It would be
    > nice to have a safety feature to avoid running inappropriate display
    > properties, but AFAIK people aren't actually being affected by such bugs.
    > This shouldn't block the release.

This is not a feature, it is fixing a bug that makes Emacs crash.
It would be ridiculous to suggest not fixing this bug.
What we need is someone to debug it and fix it.