Re: Underlining in compile.el

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Underlining in compile.el
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:26:39 +1200

 > However, ISTR that this complaint was made when there were bugs
 > causing too much of the line to be highlighted.  If fixing those bugs
 > was enough to solve the problem, we don't need to do any more.  Would
 > those that found the situation confusing before please speak up now?

My preference was for just using mouse-1  where text is generally underlined
already e.g info, help, customize (not underlined) etc.

I think you/others said it should apply to all buffers.

My next preference would be to restrict the area where mouse-1 worked e.g in
grep just on file and line number while mouse-2 could still work over the
whole line.  I would not know how to do this, but I am prepared to work on it
after the release.

I stopped following the thread, but I don't like the idea of adding underlining
as links already have mouse-face and a hand pointer.  What next, a little
jingle that plays when the mouse is over the link?

Nick