RE: dolist?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: dolist?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:50:22 -0700

    > There should either be two different functions, only one of
    > which has this feature, or this should somehow be optional
    > with `message'.

    There could be a variable you bind to have it not do such suppression
    (or to refine the algorithm it uses -- perhaps telling the message
    code what prefix to consider a duplicate [instead of looking for
    "..."]).

That would be OK. Just so users have some way around the "magic" behavior.

Agreed, we shouldn't do anything that affects existing `message' calls.

And the behavior needs to be documented.