Re: Sorting of directories in dired

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Sorting of directories in dired
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:11:58 +0200

On 7/7/05, Edward O'Connor <address@hidden> wrote:

> I love how Emacs
> is a consistent environment across the various operating systems it
> runs on, and would much prefer it for the default Dired behavior to
> continue to be the same across all supported systems.

That's the eternal tension between making things "right" and making
them "easy". Using the Windows defaults on Windows would be more
helpful to new users; I'd say it makes sense to lean towards the
newbie's side, if any.

That said, I really have no opinion one way or the other. I don't find
the current situation particularly bad.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u