Re: Toolbar patch (OS X)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Toolbar patch (OS X)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:56:53 +0100

On 27 Sep 2005, at 04:43, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

And as a general note, please enclose Mac OS X specific parts in
macfns.c and macterm.c with `#ifdef MAC_OSX' because these files are
also used by Mac OS Classic.

If I only knew what works and what won't work on Classic.

By the way, I'd like to second what you wrote earlier:

Maybe we need to consider whether there is a raison d'ĂȘtre of the
Carbon port or not (with respect to version 23, not 22) before making
further development effort for it.

One would expect that anyone interested in more advanced features (as offered by later releases) has moved on to OS X or GNU/Linux. Those who haven't obviously don't like upgrading. So it's difficult to understand why Classic should be supported.

(To explain: Carbon is an API that exists on Classic and on OS X, while Cocoa lives in NextSTEP and OS X.)