Re: gutenberg-coding.el -- coding system for Project Gutenberg files

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: gutenberg-coding.el -- coding system for Project Gutenberg files
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:27:52 -0400

    I think that the code is good to be included in Emacs.  But,
    as it's not a bug fix, and I think not many people benefit
    from that (how many people read Gutenberg text file?).  So,
    I'd like to ask Richard to decide whether we include it now
    or postpone it.

It fixes something--whether to call it a bug or a gap is not clear to
me.  And it seems harmless.  So there is no reason to wait for
the release.

However, the issue of possible false matches that Stefan raised is a
something we should look at first.