Re: gutenberg-coding.el -- coding system for Project Gutenberg files

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: gutenberg-coding.el -- coding system for Project Gutenberg files
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:47:50 -0400

    Yep.  Though with about 16000 texts, and a fairly conservative update
    policy (from what I read in the faqs) I don't suppose that can happen
    immediately.

That could well be true.  On the other hand, they would not have to do
the update by hand, file by file.  If they decide to change a format
so as to standardize, they can run a script to do it.